– The Cycle Start determines the date from which call dates are to be calculated.
– The Shift Factor enables you to react to early or late confirmation. They are stated as a percentage related to the cycle.
Call Dates are calculated on the basis of scheduling parameters. For each call date, an order is created.
A Maintenance Plan shows the shift of a planned date triggered by a late confirmation. The following parameters are taken as a basis:
– Cycle start: 01/03/98 – Cycle duration: 3 months
– Planned dates: 01/06/98, 01/09/98 – Tolerance for late confirmation: 10%
– Shift factor: 50% – Confirmation: 15/06/98
The tolerance always refers to the shortest cycle, so that in this case the tolerance is 9 days (10% of 90 days). The shift factor always refers to the total number of late days. As the confirmation date is outside the tolerance of 9 days, the shift factor of 50% of 14 days = 7 days applies. The newly derived planned date is therefore the 08/09/98 (instead of the 01/09/98).